Hackathon (3 days)
Target audience: Higher Education students
Capacity: 40-45 teams with recommendation of 2-4 students/team
The proposed hackathon aims to guide students in developing their own innovative Al solutions to recent trending problems in the medical field.
In this hackathon, we:
• Design the requirements to be beginner friendly. We will offer support participating student with an informative session on using Google Collaboratory and Python as tools for building their hackathon prototypes.
• Conduct an ideation session to support teams in selecting high-quality and relevant medical problems and brainstorm on how they can use Al to solve them
• Provide a collaborative environment for students to access guided mentorship and technical support during the 48-hours where they develop their solutions.
• Select the top 10 teams who will get the opportunity to pitch their project idea and solution online and through live streaming. A judging panel will select top 3 winners.
|Day 1 (26, September)||1 hour||Information Session, includes:
Introduction to Al & Relevant Tools, including Google Collaboratory and Python libraries for Machine Learning
|Day 2 (27, September)||3 hour||
Ideation Session (1 hour), includes:
Supporting teams with finalizing their ideas to ensure quality and relevance
Group Guided Mentorship (2 hours), includes:
Guide teams into developing correct and effective Al solutions
|Day 3 (28, September)||3 hour||
Pre-selection of Top 10 Teams (Offline)*includes:
Selection of top 10 teams from total of 40-45 through early round of submissions
Final Project Presentations, includes:
Presentation of top 10 ideas in a live event with the presence of a judging panel, clear judging criteria, with goal of selecting top 3 winners
* Pre selection round on September 29th will take place offline and announcement of top 10 teams will be made prior to 12PM (KSA time)
All hackathon activities are to be delivered virtually
|Date||Title||Hackathon Actions by Zaka||Poster Actions by Zaka|
|15-April||Advertising||Advertising the Hackathon||Advertising the Poster Presentation|
|15- July||Submission Open, Advertising from ZAKA||Open, Advertising from ZAKA||Open, Advertising from ZAKA|
|1-September||Submission Closes, extendable for 3 days||Closes||Closes|
|7-September||Acceptance and Registration confirmation Opens||Send Acceptance Letters||Send Acceptance Letters|
|14-September||Registration Confirmation Closes||Closes||Closes|
|26-September||Day One||Information Session|
|27-September||Day Two||Ideation Session & Group Mentoring|
|28-September||Day Three||Preselection & Final Project Presentations|
ParticipantsAny undergraduate student in Saudi Universities
RemoteVirtual event. No physical attendance at IAU premises
Winner AwardsAwards for the three first winners
WinnerWinners will be determined by the evaluations committee
Prizes• The winning team members will each receive an award certificate.
• Award certificates will be given to only the first three first winners:
o GOLD AWARD CERTIFICATE, for the first place, and 5000 SAR
o SILVER AWARD CERTIFICATE, for the second place, and 3000 SAR
o BRONZE AWARD CERTIFICATE, for the third place, and 2000 SAR
• All active participants in the competition will receive a participation certificate, for their efforts and participation.
Registration StepsFor registration contact firstname.lastname@example.org
OrganizersThe hackathon is organized by the College of Computer Science and IT, within Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University as part of the 2022 Saudi HPC conference. The main organizer of the event is ZAKA.
SponsorsZaka is an Al education, consultancy, and team augmentation startup. One of our primary aims at Zaka is to provide the proper Artificial Intelligence (Al) awareness to the community in the MENA region to prepare them for the new technological era. In Al education, we curate Al courses and training to best fit our customers’ industry and workforce. We focus on culturing a practical delivery of knowledge to allow our consumer to exit the learning experience with the knowledge and, most importantly, the skills to grow while working on versatile Al projects.
At Zaka, we offer the flexibility of customizing educational Al tracks that follow closely with your business objectives to maximize your team’s outcome.
We are currently offering educational tracks in:
• Data Science and Engineering
• Machine Learning
• Computer Vision
• Natural Language Processing
• Time-series Analysis
• Recommender Systems
• Reinforcement Learning